Boston, MA

Boston, MA

Boston, MA

Desktop Support Technician

Location:

Boston, MA

Reports to:

SVP, Infrastructure & Technology

Physical Presence:

In the office, Monday through Friday

Date:

October 2022

CREA, LLC is a full-service Low Income Housing Tax Credit (LIHTC) syndicator forming long-term relationships with investors and developers that cultivate success and improve lives. As CREA celebrates over 20 years in business, $9.2+ billion has been raised, contributing to the formation of over 73,000 homes within 797 properties. With over 150 employees, we continue to look for talented and passionate individuals who are excited about opportunities to grow with us. We are currently looking to add a talented Business Analyst to the IT – Business Intelligence & Analysis department in the Portland, Oregon CREA office.

Position Summary

The Desktop Support Technician is responsible for providing first level technical support to all CREA employees for computer systems, hardware, and software. Approximately 90% of the time spent within this role will be dedicated to performing Tier I Tier II Desktop Support tasks and the other 10% to performing basic System Administration tasks.

Primary Responsibilities

  • Provides Help Desk and Desktop technical support to approximately 150+ CREA employees and any clients or partners who utilize CREA’s IT systems.

  • Responds to help desk tickets, telephone calls, and personal requests for technical support. Documents, tracks, and monitors issues to ensure a timely resolution.

  • Responsible for user adds/changes/disable of employee access and controls to various applications and systems.

  • Follow up with customers, provide feedback and identify problems through to resolution.

  • Recommend procedure modifications or improvements.

  • Performs various tasks such as desktop imaging, end user technical training, and ongoing security training.

  • Assists System Administrators with conducting routine server and desktop maintenance and deployments and is responsible for tracking CREA IT’s hardware resources.

  • Participates in team projects and other assignments as driven by business needs.

Job Requirements

A qualified candidate requires, at a minimum, an associate degree in an Information Technology field of study and 2-4 years of applicable work experience. A bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or a related field of study and 2-4 years of applicable work experience is strongly preferred. Candidate must have a basic knowledge of Local Area Networking, Windows 10, Windows Server, and Microsoft Office. Will be required to provide on-call support on a rotating schedule to West Coast end users. Experience with network devices, printers, scanners, VoIP telephones, switches, Wi-Fi, firewalls, or mobile devices is a plus. Must possess excellent troubleshooting skills and demonstrate effectiveness with each of the following Core Competencies.

Core Competencies

  • Excellent oral and written communication skills

  • Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills

  • High degree of accuracy and attention to detail

  • Ability to function well in a team environment

  • Excellent interpersonal and communication skills

  • Ability to effectively administer sensitive and confidential information

  • Ability to interact with management and employees at all levels

  • Exceptional at researching and implementing technologies that improve the business functions of the organization.

  • Professionalism/Ethics (Trust, Attitude, Commitment, Honesty, Collaboration Approachability)

Our Values

  • We work as a family, investing in each other, worthy causes, and the communities we serve.

  • We have integrity in all that we do; we embrace differences and treat others with kindness and respect.

  • We believe that, with teamwork, we can accomplish anything and pursue inventive solutions for our clients.

CREA believes in rewarding the hard work of all those that make our mission possible. Learn about our competitive employee benefits at MyCREABenefits.com.